Sunday, December 6, 2009

#54 - See 3 Cirque Du Soleil Shows (1/3)

I had the opportunity to see Alegria yesterday and it did not disappoint! Alegria translates to 'jubilation' in Spanish and this show was definitely non-stop energy.

This show reminded me of La Nouba that I saw in Orlando in the sense that there are different acts and it seems like the performers get better and better along with doing things you don't expect. The talent the performers have is amazing and just leaves you saying 'Wow'! The music was wonderful and I am really hoping there is a soundtrack available for purchasse.

There were 9 different acts, and it is so hard for me to say which one would be my favorite, but the following are definitely my top three:

1) Power Track - the performers soar in the air all while jumping on a trampoline from within the stage floor. What is so amazing is that how synchronized the performers are while leaping over one another along with utilizing the trampoline. I am amazed because the trampoline cannot be seen and it looks like the performers are bouncing off the floor.

2) Russian Bars - the performers in this act are thrown into the air from a bar that is perched on the shoulders of two catchers. The bars are flexible and measure two to six inches in width. It is amazing how the performers move from bar to bar, and even more so the catchers that are holding the bar and moving with the performers weight and energy.

3) Contortion - the two female performers are awesome! It is amazing how they can contort their bodies individually and together to become one. In some ways I thought the act was kind of sensual how they interacted with one another. Maybe that was just me though!

And the best thing of all was that I was able to attend the show with someone very special to me. I think he enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment