Saturday, January 23, 2010

#26 - 30 Random Acts of Kindness

This past week as I was preparing to depart from my current work assignment, I planned to take the two ladies that I had been working with out to lunch. I had enjoyed working with them and appreciated all of their hard work during the past 2 months we had worked together.

As we prepared to leave for lunch I realized that one of the Independent Adjusters that we had been working with was going to join us. No problem since he was someone that I had worked with before and wouldn't mind spending lunch with him.

Once the server brought out our checks, the Adjuster decided to buy lunch for all three of us! Certainly it wasn't my intent for him to purchase lunch (I was planning to do that!), but I was appreciative of the kind gesture.

The next while I was in the office a few of the Adjusters returned from lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (I could tell from the carryout bags they were carrying). One of them walked over to my desk and said 'This is for you!' And this is what was inside of the bag - Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake:


The guys had brought back a piece for myself and one of the other ladies in the office. How nice! Of course, my first thoughts were to eat it all myself, but later in the afternoon I did cut it up and we all shared it together.

So, two days in a two nice and totally unexpected things happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment